Selective demolition differs from more traditional demolition where a site is cleared of its’ building by the most expedient means. Selective demolition is almost a “renovation in reverse”, it is environmentally friendly deconstruction and is ideal for smaller demolition jobs. Stormworks has done selective demolition work since 2008. We offer the following services…
- Commercial and residential selective demolition.
- Concrete removal.
- Interior demolition.
- Recycling of construction and demolition materials.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral used in over 2 000 household products. It is quite common in Canadian houses built until the late 1980s. Asbestos is commonly used in various types of insulation, protective sprays and other construction practices, such as ceiling treatments and Stucco. Common asbestos materials in the home include:
- Floor tile and the associated adhesive (glue that is under the flooring).
- Pipe insulation.
- Attic and wall insulation, including vermiculite.
- Textured paint and drywall compounds.
- Roofing and siding shingles
- Popcorn or cottage cheese ceiling
- Polyethylene wraps on hot water pipes and boilers
- Adhesives used in ducts
Asbestos is a very dangerous carcinogen (something that causes cancer). The only way to safely remove it is by using licensed professionals.
After you have determined if your building has asbestos in it, Stormworks will:
- Apply for the necessary permit
- Isolate the work area from occupied areas and setup a full containment.
- Ensure that workers who enter the area are protected by suits and respirators.
- Guarantee that asbestos materials are safely removed from the building.
- Dismantle the containment
- Provide you with a clearance report.